Fingal is Scotland's first luxury floating hotel by The Royal Yacht Britannia. Formerly a lighthouse tender, she has been transformed into an exquisite 23 cabin boutique hotel and exclusive use venue. Permanently berthed on Edinburgh's vibrant waterfront, Fingal is located just a short distance from the city centre.
The team at Fingal are looking forward to welcoming you for overnight stays, Afternoon Tea, drinks and dinner. Please book in advance.
Fingal is currently closed and will re-open on 17th May 2021.
Ideal for those looking for a completely unique hotel experience.
- Alexandra Dock, Historic Port of Leith, Edinburgh, EH6 7DX
- T: 0131 357 5000
- E: email@example.com
- Nearest Transport
- Waverley Railway Station - 3 miles, 15 minutes
- Edinburgh Airport - 10 miles, 30 minutes
- Nearest Attractions
- Edinburgh Castle - 3 miles, 20 minutes
- The Royal Yacht Britannia - 0.5 miles, 10 minutes
- Edinburgh City Centre for designer shopping - 3 miles, 15 minutes
- The Palace of Holyroodhouse - 2 miles, 15 minutes
5 Reasons to Stay
- A totally unique experience aboard Scotland's only floating hotel
- Cabins with elegant nautical touches
- Wine and dine in extraordinary maritime surroundings
- A ship hotel with a fascinating history
- Large deck spaces to enjoy
About the Hotel
Fingal started life as a lighthouse tender, bringing vital supplies to some of Scotland's most treacherous locations. Now, she has been converted into a world-class hotel and exclusive use venue for up to 60 people. Guests can enjoy Afternoon Tea, dinner or cocktails at The Lighthouse Restaurant & Bar.
With 23 cabins all named after the lighthouses she serviced, Fingal is Scotland's first luxury floating hotel.
Serving breakfast, Afternoon Tea, dinner and some spectacular cocktails in The Lighthouse Restaurant & Bar. Dining onboard has a relaxed, luxurious feel, complemented by the vast floor to ceiling windows.
At a glance
Electric charging point located at Newhaven Road, nearby Fingal
- 23 cabins
- Classic Cabin
- Luxury Cabin
- Duplex Cabins
- Skerryvore Suite
- Rain shower
- Brass taps
- Smart TV
- Fluffy bathrobe and slippers
- Air conditioning
- Underfloor heating
- Noble Isle amenities
- Air conditioning
The Lighthouse Restaurant & Bar
- with floor to ceiling window and unique dock views
- with sweeping staircase and dining for up to 60 guests
Outdoor deck space
- for eating, drinking and strolling
- Private dining
- Full Scottish breakfast
- Spectacular cocktails
- Selection of the finest teas
- Perfectly matched savoury and sweet delicacies
- Fingal’s hot smoked salmon, smoked on board
- Visit The Royal Yacht Britannia
- Enjoy retail therapy in the city centre
- Explore the lively district of Leith
- Stroll along the Water of Leith
Historic Port of Leith
0131 357 5000