February 2021 News & Awards
2021 Michelin Guide announcements
Congratulations to the following properties for their success in the 2021 Guide:
- Andrew Fairlie @ Gleneagles retain their 2 stars
- Isle of Eriska Hotel Spa & Island retain their 1 star
- Michelin Plate Awards for Chez Roux @ Cromlix, Airds, Knockinaam Lodge, Sandeman’s at Fonab Castle Hotel and Rocpool Reserve.
Andrew Fairlie Scholarship
The finalists have just been announced for the 2ndAndrew Fairlie Scholarship and it’s probably no surprise that four of the six work in Luxury Scotland hotels. The aspiring Scottish chefs in the running for the ‘ultimate scholarship’ in the industry include:
- Josh Wilkinson, 25, Senior Chef de Partie, Isle of Eriska Hotel Spa & Island.
- Zalenka Tomova, 26, 1stCommis Chef & Peter Meechan, 24, Junior Sous Chef, Gleneagles.
- Amy Stephenson, 22, Chef de Partie, The Torridon.
Spearheaded by the Hospitality Industry Trust (HIT) Scotland and supported by the Scottish Government and Gleneagles, the scholarship is in recognition of Andrew Fairlie’ s significant and lasting contribution to the hospitality industry. The scholarship recognises two outstanding individuals each year – one male and one female – who are forging ahead with their culinary career and working in Scotland. The final will take place later in 2021 when it’s safe to do so. Congratulations to all six finalists for getting this far.